Shaving is the most masculine daily ritual, yet has become a chore for many. Shaving with a straight razor changes a chore to a zen like meditative experience to be enjoyed when time permits.
This razor is timeless:
- The bone scales (handle) and horn wedge are as popular now as they were 150 years ago.
- As a matter of fact, bone and horn are as popular now as they were many thousands of years ago!
- In the same way that a round pen fits your hand better than a rectangular carpenter’s pencil, these scales have been rounded to optimize your experience.
- The blade was hand-made in Solingen Germany, where Dovo has been making straight razors since 1906. Solingen, "The City of Blades", has been known for them since Medieval times.
- The scales were hand-made by artistic craftsman in Nashville, TN with focus on quality, fit and finish.
Specifics about this product:
- This new Dovo Prima blade is made from a type carbon steel called Silver Steel. Silver Steel is known for attaining and keeping a very sharp edge.
- It is a full hollow 5/8 razor.
- These scales are made from Bone with a black filler and sealed with three coats of Tru-Oil.
- Hand Pinned in brass surrounded by stainless.
Notes about this specific item:
Blades are permanently attached with the scales by a process called 'pinning'. This razor was put together with temporary fasteners, with the impact that we can change the blade if you want a different one.
These scales are made from Bone with a black filler and sealed with three coats of Tru-Oil. They are regular size.
Note that this blade has a full hollow grind.