NOTE: THE POLISHED BOWLS ARE $40 BECAUSE THEY HAVE SOME MINOR SCRATCHING. THEY ARE STILL COVERED BY THE 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE.
Here is some info on the new HCC Stainless Shaving Bowl:
- We have two models of this bowl and six finishes. The models are round wall and straight wall. The finishes are polished, un-polished, Black, Gun Metal Gray, Blue and Green.
- All bowls are bare metal on the inside - the colored bowls have color on the outside only.
- I prefer the un-finished straight wall bowl with, though that is one man's opinion.
- Average weight is 4.7-4.8 oz.
- The straight wall bowl is about 1 1/2 inches high and 4 3/4 inches in diameter.
- The round wall bowl is about 1.6 inches tall, 4.75 Inches wide at the wides part and 4.4 inches wide at the top.
- They are made from 22 gauge Stainless Steel.
- They are hand made. I treated this as a micro-finance project. If not familiar, micro-finance is used to help lift people in poor countries from poverty by giving them business loans they couldn’t otherwise get. This is used in less affluent countries as the size of the loans is much smaller compared to advanced nations.
- Satisfaction guaranteed, like all HCC products. Don’t like it? I’ll pay return shipping and refund all of your money.
- The model with the straighter wall performs better for me. Though don't worry, if you want the other one and find you don't like it, I'll pay shipping to get it back and refund all your money, or send the other model.
Great Bowl at a Great Price
Very well made bowl. It does an excellent job of helping easily build lather. Ironically, I find HC&C soaps to be so easy to lather, that this bowl is almost on overkill. But I still use it for swirling int he HC&C scent oils, and it's my go-to bowl for soaps that take a bit more effort to build lather. The size of the bowl is perfect for me. It is large enough to let me swirl the brush and work the lather, but it's still compact enough to easily fit in my den or on a bathroom shelf. A tub of soap fits perfectly inside of it, making it a bit more space-efficient for storage.
Awesome Tool for your Shave
Oh my stars! Received my straight walled stainless steel Shave Bowl, and used it this morning (with my wonderful unscented HC&C shave soap). Just so you understand, I have been a loyal user of the Captain’s Choice Copper Shave Bowl for several years, and have built hundreds of lathers of HC&C soaps in it. My experience with this new bowl and a known soap was nothing short of exceptional. The ridges running from center of the bottom to the outside wall gave just the right amount of friction/agitation to the soap to begin building a lather immediately. The circular ridges in the Captains Choice bowl do a good job, but the HC&C orientation is, just better. In about 60 seconds I had a bowl fill of thick, creamy, translucent lather. The size of the HC&C bowl is perfect to sit in the palm of my hand as I lather, and is about the same as the CC Bowl. I will continue my daily shaves with both these bowls alternating mornings, but if I had to choose only one going forward, it would be the HC&C Stainless Steel Bowl! But like soaps, who limits themselves to just one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯